Christmas time is here! Before you start hanging lights on your home, here a few tips to help you get started:
- Use Outdoor Lights – You may not realize it, but some Christmas lights are meant for outdoor use, while other lights can only be used indoors. Take a look at the packaging before you purchase new lights to ensure that you are buying the right options for your needs.
- Be Careful with Extension Cords – While you are hanging your lights, you should be mindful of any extension cords you use. First of all, make sure that any cords you use are out of the way. You do not want someone tripping, hurting themselves, and pulling down the entire display. Additionally, only use cords that are rated for outdoor use.
- Put Safety First – A simple way to be safe while hanging lights is to use a good ladder and make sure that you have someone with you to help you with things that you drop. Additionally, you should consider using insulated holders to hang your lights instead of tacks or nails.
Make sure your home exterior looks great this Christmas and all season long when you come to A1 Contacting for exterior remodeling in Denver, CO.
Ensuring that your roof is protecting your home at all times is crucial to any homeowner. We have put together a small list of ways that your roof can be damaged:
- Pest Problems – You may think that pests will stay inside your home, but they can also damage your roof. Critters like termites can make holes in your roofing, cause structural damage that will cause your roof to collapse, and create cracks that will lead to leaks and ceiling damage.
- Wind Storms – Winter is right around the corner, which means you may have to deal with wind storms. Strong winds can remove shingles that are not secured, as well as send debris crashing into your roof. If you notice loose shingles, it is essential that you speak with an expert about roofing repairs.
- Time – It is always important to know about the age of your roof. Most shingle roofs will last about 25 years before they need to be replaced. As roofs age, issues like missing shingles and leaks can lead to significant problems.
Take care of your property when you work with the team at A1 Contracting. Our business is known for providing exterior remodeling in Denver, CO, including roofing repairs, gutter assistance, and siding installation.