When you need emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, you want to get the problem fixed as soon as possible. We would encourage you, however, to give yourself more time to think. When you’re panicked about your roof, you might just call the first roof repair company on the list – which could be a mistake. Here is why you should always ask for an estimate before getting a roof repair.
Making Insurance Claims Easier
When you file a claim on your homeowners’ insurance, the claims adjuster will base your settlement on the cost of repair. When the damage occurs, document it carefully and then call a roofer for an estimate. It’s important to get the estimate before you contact the insurance company so you can make sure your settlement is fair.
Finding the Best Price
Cheap roof repair is not always high-quality repair, but it is important to shop around and see if you can save a few bucks on a repair. Take the time to research reputable roofing companies, like A1 Contracting, and then collect estimates from a handful. Start with companies with plenty of good reviews. Getting an estimate before you agree to a repair ensures you will be confident in your choice of company, and that you will not be spending more than you have to on a roof repair.
Over time, even the best roofs need a little help to stay strong. But occasionally, waiting for a fix can put your entire property in danger. When it comes to tile, you need to know the difference between a minor crack and a potential catastrophe. Here are a few ways to tell when you might need emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO:
Look for Leaks – By the time you notice a leak, there’s a good chance whole sections of your roof are compromised. It’s never a good idea to wait in these situations because water and ice only add to the damage every time they slip beneath your tile’s surface.
Count the Cracks – If you notice more than a few cracks or missing tiles, you want to act quickly. It’s normal for your roof to have a bit of wear and tear as the weather changes, but gaps tend to grow over time.
Get an Inspection – It’s always better to be safe than sorry. If you aren’t confident in your danger-spotting skills and see any noticeable damage to your tile, the best thing to do is get an expert opinion. If there’s nothing to worry about, you’ll get peace of mind. If there is, your inspector can help you set the right timeline to deal with any issues.
Your roof is strong enough to stand up to the elements and seasons, but there are times when it does need your attention. However, not all roof repairs are emergencies. In fact, many are for routine maintenance. But, when damage allows water to get inside the roof or the house itself, you need to call the professionals for emergency roof repairs right away. When water is leaking inside the house, your roofer will tarp over that section to prevent the situation from deteriorating even further.
Other situations that call for emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, involve the aftermath of storms. Perhaps a tree has fallen on top of your roof. In this situation, you need the tree removed, and then the full extent of the damage can be assessed.
Hiring an Emergency Roofer
We recommend you don’t hire a roofer in haste. First, check out their qualifications and credentials. Then, look at their reviews and testimonials. You also can check them out online.
After looking into their background and talking to them, you can decide whether to hire this roofer. After all, this company is doing something crucial for you – repairing the roof over your head, so make sure you have a crew that’s capable of doing a good job.
There is a lot of jargon that comes along with roof repair services. The team at A1 Contracting wants to help you learn more about the terms associated with roofing. We have put together a list of common words used in the roofing industry:
- Deck – The deck is the plywood or board sheathing that is used as a base for securing the roofing materials to your roof.
- Exposure – When you are talking about exposure, you are talking about the part of a shingle that is exposed to the weather.
- Rafters – The rafters is the framework that supports the roof deck and the actual roofing itself. On most standard roofs, these are angled pieces of wood.
- Soffit – This is the flat area under the eaves of your roof that feature attic vents. The soffit also includes the lower part of a drop ceiling, as well as the ceiling that is mounted to the underside of a staircase.
Whether you are seeking someone to assist you with emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, or are in the market for a new roof, you can count on the specialists at A1 Contracting. Our company provides exceptional roofing services, as well as gutter and siding assistance.
There are a lot of things a new homeowner has to learn about owning a home. If you have made a purchase in the last year, then you can spend some time learning more about common roofing problems you may face over the next few years:
- Pipe Boot Issues – Many homeowners have issues related to damaged pipe boots. Whether these boots are old and deteriorating or just cracked from debris, they will cause leaks that can damage your home. These are one of the first areas you should be checking out when you notice a wet spot on your ceiling.
- Gutter Damage – Did you know that gutters that are clogged can cause damage to your roof? Clogged gutters can make water pool on your roof and create a welcome mat for insects. Additionally, they can be a real fire hazard when it is dry outside.
- Shingle Problems – If you have noticed that shingles have been falling off your roof, it is likely that your roof will need to be replaced shortly. Most shingle roofs are built to last about 30 years. If you are due for an update, you should call a specialist from our business.
Whether you need a new installation or are seeking emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, you can trust the team at A1 Contracting to assist you. Our business offers a wide array of exterior remodeling services, including siding and gutter services.
Do you know about “roof pitch?” If you are in the real estate or home construction industry, then it is likely you know all about it, but many laypeople are unfamiliar with this concept. Roof pitch is a term used to talk about the angle of a roof. Whether you are interested in upgrading your current roof or buying a new home, it is vital that you know about roof pitch and how it can affect your property.
Roofing that has a steep pitch is ideal for any homeowner, as a steep pitch will help direct snow and rain to the ground. Homes in harsher climates are frequently built with a roof that has a steep pitch. This slope will help protect your home from the elements and protect the rest of your property. If you own a house that has a roof with a smaller pitch, you can request assistance from roofing specialists. They will be able to let you know what kind of pitch your roof should have, as well as provide you with info about roofing materials and walkability.
When you need assistance with your roofing, you can trust the team at A1 Contracting to help you. Our business offers emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, as well as new installation services.
Taking care of the roof of your home or business means always paying attention to details. One of those details is the status of your roof. Here are three reasons why you should consider investing in roof repair services:
- Your Roof is Old – How old is your roof? If you have a shingle roof that it is more than 20 years old, then you should consider having it replaced or repaired. It all depends on what materials were used to build your roof. Alternately, a tile roof will last as long as 80 years.
- Shingles are Missing – You should take some time to look at your roof and see if it is missing any shingles. If you notice any missing, it is vital that you have it repaired as soon as possible. This could be a significant problem when a storm is happening and may cause a lot of damage to your home.
- You See a Light in the Attic – When you start to notice small points of light in your attic, it is time to contact a roofing specialist to take care of the problem. You should check the areas below these lights for wet spots. If they are wet, then you have a problem.
The team at A1 Contracting is ready to assist you today. You can call us for emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, as well as standard installation services.