Selling your home is a complicated process. You have to make sure that your home is in great shape before you put it on the market or you will have to sell your home “as is.” If you are in need of roofing repairs or a full replacement, you should consider having it repaired before you put your home on the market.
If you have never tried to sell a home as is, then you do not know about the many stresses that come along with it. The biggest reason why you should avoid doing this is you will not be able to ask for as much money as other homes in the neighborhood. You want to get the most money possible for your investment, but an as-is home will not be as appealing to potential buyers. Additionally, you are more likely going to get offers from home flippers who will make offers that are way below your initial asking price. They will spend their money to fix your roof, take care of any other small repairs, and sell it for a much higher price.
Come to A1 Contracting when you need roof repair services in Denver, CO. Our specialists are available to make small repairs or install a new roof before you put your home on the market. Call us at (303) 503-2576 for more information about our services.
There is a lot of jargon that comes along with roof repair services. The team at A1 Contracting wants to help you learn more about the terms associated with roofing. We have put together a list of common words used in the roofing industry:
- Deck – The deck is the plywood or board sheathing that is used as a base for securing the roofing materials to your roof.
- Exposure – When you are talking about exposure, you are talking about the part of a shingle that is exposed to the weather.
- Rafters – The rafters is the framework that supports the roof deck and the actual roofing itself. On most standard roofs, these are angled pieces of wood.
- Soffit – This is the flat area under the eaves of your roof that feature attic vents. The soffit also includes the lower part of a drop ceiling, as well as the ceiling that is mounted to the underside of a staircase.
Whether you are seeking someone to assist you with emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, or are in the market for a new roof, you can count on the specialists at A1 Contracting. Our company provides exceptional roofing services, as well as gutter and siding assistance.
There are a lot of things a new homeowner has to learn about owning a home. If you have made a purchase in the last year, then you can spend some time learning more about common roofing problems you may face over the next few years:
- Pipe Boot Issues – Many homeowners have issues related to damaged pipe boots. Whether these boots are old and deteriorating or just cracked from debris, they will cause leaks that can damage your home. These are one of the first areas you should be checking out when you notice a wet spot on your ceiling.
- Gutter Damage – Did you know that gutters that are clogged can cause damage to your roof? Clogged gutters can make water pool on your roof and create a welcome mat for insects. Additionally, they can be a real fire hazard when it is dry outside.
- Shingle Problems – If you have noticed that shingles have been falling off your roof, it is likely that your roof will need to be replaced shortly. Most shingle roofs are built to last about 30 years. If you are due for an update, you should call a specialist from our business.
Whether you need a new installation or are seeking emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, you can trust the team at A1 Contracting to assist you. Our business offers a wide array of exterior remodeling services, including siding and gutter services.
Ensure that your roof is adequately protecting your home with roofing repair services from our business. We are available to assist you when you are dealing with damaged or deteriorating flashing issues. When not properly maintained, it will cause leaks in your home. It is crucial that you replace this portion of your roofing as soon as you notice a problem.
Your home’s roof is made from many unique components, including flashing. This portion of your roof is used to protect your property by covering any openings that could be exposed to the elements, such as the areas around skylights. When these metal or plastic portions of your roof start to deteriorate, they will cause damage to your roof that may lead to the development of black mold in your home.
Receive the assistance you need with damaged flashing or have a member of our team come out to your location when you are interested in additional roof repairs in Denver, CO. The specialists at A1 Contracting are known for providing exceptional services to homeowners throughout the community. Pick up the phone and call us at (303) 503-2576 for more information about our services or to request an estimate for repairs.
Christmas time is here! Before you start hanging lights on your home, here a few tips to help you get started:
- Use Outdoor Lights – You may not realize it, but some Christmas lights are meant for outdoor use, while other lights can only be used indoors. Take a look at the packaging before you purchase new lights to ensure that you are buying the right options for your needs.
- Be Careful with Extension Cords – While you are hanging your lights, you should be mindful of any extension cords you use. First of all, make sure that any cords you use are out of the way. You do not want someone tripping, hurting themselves, and pulling down the entire display. Additionally, only use cords that are rated for outdoor use.
- Put Safety First – A simple way to be safe while hanging lights is to use a good ladder and make sure that you have someone with you to help you with things that you drop. Additionally, you should consider using insulated holders to hang your lights instead of tacks or nails.
Make sure your home exterior looks great this Christmas and all season long when you come to A1 Contacting for exterior remodeling in Denver, CO.
Do you know about “roof pitch?” If you are in the real estate or home construction industry, then it is likely you know all about it, but many laypeople are unfamiliar with this concept. Roof pitch is a term used to talk about the angle of a roof. Whether you are interested in upgrading your current roof or buying a new home, it is vital that you know about roof pitch and how it can affect your property.
Roofing that has a steep pitch is ideal for any homeowner, as a steep pitch will help direct snow and rain to the ground. Homes in harsher climates are frequently built with a roof that has a steep pitch. This slope will help protect your home from the elements and protect the rest of your property. If you own a house that has a roof with a smaller pitch, you can request assistance from roofing specialists. They will be able to let you know what kind of pitch your roof should have, as well as provide you with info about roofing materials and walkability.
When you need assistance with your roofing, you can trust the team at A1 Contracting to help you. Our business offers emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, as well as new installation services.
Are you seeking a specialist to help you with your roofing needs? Before you contact any old roofer, you should do the following to ensure you are hiring the right person for your needs:
- Research Your Potential Roofers – There are many roofing specialists out there. It may seem silly to spend so much time finding the right person for your project. You need to spend some time reading online reviews on Yelp and other sites. You can also click past the first page of Google to see what other options are out there.
- Setup a Meeting – Before you hire a roofer, you should set up a meeting to discuss your needs. A good roofer will take the time to speak with you and answer your questions. If a roofer refuses to meet with you, then you should continue your search.
- Ask for a Contract – When you have a contract with your roofing specialist, you can lay out any specific details necessary for the project. A good contract will feature timetables, specific prices, and any warranties. Never work with a roofer who refuses to provide you with a contract.
Update your home when you contact the team at A1 Contracting for roof repair services in Denver, CO. Our roofing specialists are ready to work with you on your project.
Ensuring that your roof is protecting your home at all times is crucial to any homeowner. We have put together a small list of ways that your roof can be damaged:
- Pest Problems – You may think that pests will stay inside your home, but they can also damage your roof. Critters like termites can make holes in your roofing, cause structural damage that will cause your roof to collapse, and create cracks that will lead to leaks and ceiling damage.
- Wind Storms – Winter is right around the corner, which means you may have to deal with wind storms. Strong winds can remove shingles that are not secured, as well as send debris crashing into your roof. If you notice loose shingles, it is essential that you speak with an expert about roofing repairs.
- Time – It is always important to know about the age of your roof. Most shingle roofs will last about 25 years before they need to be replaced. As roofs age, issues like missing shingles and leaks can lead to significant problems.
Take care of your property when you work with the team at A1 Contracting. Our business is known for providing exterior remodeling in Denver, CO, including roofing repairs, gutter assistance, and siding installation.
Taking care of the roof of your home or business means always paying attention to details. One of those details is the status of your roof. Here are three reasons why you should consider investing in roof repair services:
- Your Roof is Old – How old is your roof? If you have a shingle roof that it is more than 20 years old, then you should consider having it replaced or repaired. It all depends on what materials were used to build your roof. Alternately, a tile roof will last as long as 80 years.
- Shingles are Missing – You should take some time to look at your roof and see if it is missing any shingles. If you notice any missing, it is vital that you have it repaired as soon as possible. This could be a significant problem when a storm is happening and may cause a lot of damage to your home.
- You See a Light in the Attic – When you start to notice small points of light in your attic, it is time to contact a roofing specialist to take care of the problem. You should check the areas below these lights for wet spots. If they are wet, then you have a problem.
The team at A1 Contracting is ready to assist you today. You can call us for emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, as well as standard installation services.
Invest in your home when you come to A1 Contracting for roofing, siding, and gutter installation services. Whether you are seeking residential roof repair services in Denver, CO, or are interested in commercial roofing services in the surrounding communities, our team is ready to provide you with exceptional services that are sure to make your home or business look excellent.
For more than 55 years, our business has been making sure that people throughout Denver have access to quality siding, gutter, and roofing services. We have worked with on a wide array of properties, including local retail businesses, churches, apartments, and condominium buildings. We understand that having work done on your roof can be intimidating, so we make sure that the entire process is as straightforward as possible. No one needs any drama from their home exterior contractor. For your peace of mind, we have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Our qualified, experienced crew is ready to come to your location and provide you with exceptional roofing, gutter, and siding services. All you have to do is give us a call at (303) 503-2576 and we will come out to your location for a consultation and free estimate for your project.