Selling your home is a complicated process. You have to make sure that your home is in great shape before you put it on the market or you will have to sell your home “as is.” If you are in need of roofing repairs or a full replacement, you should consider having it repaired before you put your home on the market.
If you have never tried to sell a home as is, then you do not know about the many stresses that come along with it. The biggest reason why you should avoid doing this is you will not be able to ask for as much money as other homes in the neighborhood. You want to get the most money possible for your investment, but an as-is home will not be as appealing to potential buyers. Additionally, you are more likely going to get offers from home flippers who will make offers that are way below your initial asking price. They will spend their money to fix your roof, take care of any other small repairs, and sell it for a much higher price.
Come to A1 Contracting when you need roof repair services in Denver, CO. Our specialists are available to make small repairs or install a new roof before you put your home on the market. Call us at (303) 503-2576 for more information about our services.
There is a lot of jargon that comes along with roof repair services. The team at A1 Contracting wants to help you learn more about the terms associated with roofing. We have put together a list of common words used in the roofing industry:
- Deck – The deck is the plywood or board sheathing that is used as a base for securing the roofing materials to your roof.
- Exposure – When you are talking about exposure, you are talking about the part of a shingle that is exposed to the weather.
- Rafters – The rafters is the framework that supports the roof deck and the actual roofing itself. On most standard roofs, these are angled pieces of wood.
- Soffit – This is the flat area under the eaves of your roof that feature attic vents. The soffit also includes the lower part of a drop ceiling, as well as the ceiling that is mounted to the underside of a staircase.
Whether you are seeking someone to assist you with emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, or are in the market for a new roof, you can count on the specialists at A1 Contracting. Our company provides exceptional roofing services, as well as gutter and siding assistance.
There are a lot of things a new homeowner has to learn about owning a home. If you have made a purchase in the last year, then you can spend some time learning more about common roofing problems you may face over the next few years:
- Pipe Boot Issues – Many homeowners have issues related to damaged pipe boots. Whether these boots are old and deteriorating or just cracked from debris, they will cause leaks that can damage your home. These are one of the first areas you should be checking out when you notice a wet spot on your ceiling.
- Gutter Damage – Did you know that gutters that are clogged can cause damage to your roof? Clogged gutters can make water pool on your roof and create a welcome mat for insects. Additionally, they can be a real fire hazard when it is dry outside.
- Shingle Problems – If you have noticed that shingles have been falling off your roof, it is likely that your roof will need to be replaced shortly. Most shingle roofs are built to last about 30 years. If you are due for an update, you should call a specialist from our business.
Whether you need a new installation or are seeking emergency roof repairs in Denver, CO, you can trust the team at A1 Contracting to assist you. Our business offers a wide array of exterior remodeling services, including siding and gutter services.